Mantua HO EMD GP20 Diesel Loco Conrail DCC w/ Sound
- Road Number:
2 Advanced Control & Sound technologies in ONE LOCO for both DCC & DC Ralroaders!
This Mantua Classics HO Conrail EMD GP20 diesel locomotive has all the newest features & options - MRC DCC & sound equipped, Loco Genie equipped (radio control & sound), heavy die-cast metal frame & chassis, flywheel drive, all wheel drive, 8 wheel pick-up, E-Z Mate Mark II magnetic knuckle couplers with metal springs, LED headlight and a brass bell.
The installed DCC Loco Genie decoder allows for DCC and wireless remote control simultaneously. It provides regular DCC users with an extra wireless throttle. Gain quick access to adjusting starting voltage. Add momentum control for tight turns, changes in gradients, and station approach. Speed setting will follow the last speed command from either DCC throttle or Loco Genie transmitter. Do more with your DCC!
Loco Genie Features
- Easy to use. Plug the receiver into your loco. Activate the transmitter. Turn on your DC or AC power supply and start running.
- Run multiple Loco Genie equipped locomotives simultaneously on the same analog track with no block wiring.
- 2.4 GHz handheld transmitter with over 90 feet range
- Wirelessly manage lights, sounds, speed and direction
- Select from multiple prime mover sounds, as well as bell, horns/whistles.
- Advanced brake and speed control
- Adjust starting voltage without programming
- No complex programming or addressing
- No DCC system to buy
DCC & Sound Features
- 16 Bit Dual-Mode DC/DCC decoder.
- 6 types of synchronized prime mover sounds
- NEW 1.5 amp capacity with overload protection
- 22 different horns and 8 different bells
- Programmable individual sound volumes (64-levels)
- Programmable either 2-digit or 4-digit addresses, starting & top-end voltage, acceleration & deceleration rates and speed steps (14,28,128)
- Back EMF load control w/adaptive PID control
- User controlled service brake and dynamic brake with sound
- Supports read back address and CV values
- Advanced speed table control CV67-CV94
- Kick start voltage control CV65
- Easy function mapping
- 17 light effects: ditch lights, mars light, prime strobe...
- 28 accessory functions (F1-F28)
- Supports advanced consisting (CV19)
- Supports programming on the main (OPS mode)
- Compatible with NMRA DCC standards
EMD GP20 history - By the mid 50s, increasing pressure from long-haul trucks, declining passenger revenues and mounting costs forced western railroads to find new ways to improve service. Faced with expensive overhauls of early cab and hood unit diesels, many began looking at new equipment as well as ways to improve existing motive power. In 1955 Union Pacific equipped several GP9s with turbochargers as an experiment. Their success inspired EMD to create its own turbocharger for the 567 prime mover, leading to the introduction of the six-axle SD24 in 1958. Further experiments in 1959 created a four-axle version, dubbed the GP20. Early in their careers, the new units were typically assigned priority freights that demanded higher speeds. With the arrival of newer power, they were gradually bumped into secondary runs, and eventually spent their last years in local and yard service. Following their retirement, a few went to work for shortline operators.
For use on a DCC or a DC powered HO scale (1:87) train track. Performs best on 18" curves or greater. Locomotive length (coupler to coupler): 8".
Includes: 1 - DCC sound equipped GP20 HO scale diesel locomotive, 1 - Loco Genie transmitter, 2 - AAA batteries and instructions.
Note: For an analog track, use an existing DC power supply (12-15 volts). Recommended for ages 14 to adult.