HobbyStar Infrared Thermometer
This HobbyStar Infrared Thermometer is a must have item to keep track of the motor and ESC temperatures of your RC vehicle. Overheating of these electrical components can shorten their life or cause a failure. The ultra-compact design lets you slip it in your pocket and have it handy for quick, precise temperature readings at any time. It even comes with an extra set of batteries!
It's really important to keep both the motor and the ESC under 165 degrees Fahrenheit at all times. Here are some things that you can do to check or lower the motor temps -
- Be sure that the gear mesh is set correctly with a very small amount of play between the gears.
- Go down one or two teeth on the pinion gear.
- Lower the timing parameter on the ESC (if it has this option).
- Add a heatsink or a fan to the motor to help it run at a lower temperature.
- Remove the pinion gear from the motor and make sure that the drivetrain rolls freely. If not, it's most likely a bad bearing that needs replaced.
This HobbyStar Infrared Thermometer Features:
- Easily selectable between °F and °C
- Data hold to keep reading on the display
- Low-battery indication
- Auto-power off after inactivity
- Compact design with built-in clip
- Temp Range: -58F~500F & -50C~260C
- Temp Accuracy: +/- 2%
- Power: 2 x 1.5V LR44 button cell battery
- Size (LxDIA): 90mm x 18mm
- Weight: 20g
Includes: 1 - infrared thermometer, extra set of batteries and instructions.
Note: Recommended for ages 14 and up with adult supervision for those under 18.